The King of Cake in your face

Smush your face into my cake, or I'll smush my cake into your face. That's the long and the short of it. Who wants frosting?

Friday, January 06, 2006

Songs of Cake

To bolster the morale of my empire, I would like to present to you and yours these almost-thirty-in-number SONGS ABOUT CAKE.

  • "If I Knew You Were Coming I'd've Baked a Cake" (I prefer the version by Art Mooney and Betty Harris over the Eileen Barton version)

  • "Candy and Cake" by Arthur Godfrey and the Mariners (again, this version is my favorite over the Evelyn Knight version)

  • "Cakewalking Babies" by Bill Brunskill's Jazzmen

  • "Ice Cream and Cake" by the Buckwheat Boyz

  • "Cheesecake Truck" by King Missile

  • "Cheesecake" by Louis Armstrong (which rivals "Salt Peanuts")

  • "MacArthur Park" by Richard Harris

  • "Cups and Cakes" by Spinal Tap

  • "How Much Cake Can You Eat" by They Might Be Giants

  • "I Live in a Cake" by NOFX

  • "Cuppy Cake Song" by Strawberry Shortcake

  • "Birthday Cake" by Cibo Matto


  • "Crunchy Munchy Honeycakes" by The Wiggles

  • "Cuts with the Cake Knife" by Strawberry Switchblade

  • "Cakewalk" by Scott Joplin

  • "Cake Is Love" by Puffy Amiyumi

  • "I'm Going to Make a Cake" by Phillip Glass

  • "A-Soalin'" by Peter Paul and Mary

  • "Go Robot, It's Your Birthday" MC Chris

  • "Cindy's Birthday" by Johnny Crawford

  • "Fruit Cakes" by Jimmy Buffet

  • "Cheesecake" by the Devil Dogs

  • "Cupcakes" by Game Face

  • "Cheesecake" by the Camaros

  • "Strawberry Cake" by Johnny Cash

  • "Take a Look at Those Cakes!" by James Brown


If you need any of these lovely songs, I can oblige in most cases. Just drop me a line at bigcheeseATbackawayfromthecake.com (figure out my anti-spam email, very easy).

Always glad to spread the cake word.

Ubermilf, I would like to dedicate "If I Knew You Were Comin' I'd've Baked A Cake" to you especially, you and your heathen cupcakes.

Signed,
The King (what else?!)

5 Comments:

  • At 7:39 AM, Blogger Ubermilf said…

    I enjoy the Italian version of "If I knew you were coming..." as well, as sung by Lou Monte.

    King of Cake, I love you. I'm sorry I strayed from the flock. It's the Crown Prince! He gave me the photos, and told me lies!

     
  • At 7:44 AM, Blogger Michelle Souliere said…

    That lolloping upstart! That little whisker-waver! I oughta shave him good.

    Did you know that frosting makes a good shaving cream?

    I suppose I should experiment before I go making such assertions, but it seems perfectly logical as it is the right density and all.

     
  • At 3:19 PM, Blogger Scarlet Hip said…

    I feel like I just walked into something tawdry. I'll be going now.

     
  • At 5:52 AM, Blogger flounder said…

    Let us not forget the band "Cake"

     
  • At 4:42 PM, Anonymous Argos74 said…

    Portal credits song "You keep on trying til you run out of cake"
    Staple Singers - Long Walk to DC "Got a dime to buy a coffee, got a dime to buy me a cake"

     

Post a Comment

<< Home